- Where is the hospital located?
Ruby is located at the juction of E M Bypass(between Science City and Garia) and Rashbehari connector. From Airport it is 22 km. From Science City it is 3 km.From Ballygunge it is approx 3.5 km. And from Anwarsha(Jadavpur connector) it is 3 km.
- What is the deposit amount for admission in your hospital?
The Hospital Management, considering the Emergency situation and humanitarian aspect do allow emergency / accident patients to get admitted without any initial deposit money. However, for General admission the deposit amount is Rs.10,000/- and for Critical Care (ICU & ITU) the amount is Rs.20,000/-
- What is the procedure for admission ?
The admission procedure is very brief and completely "hassle-free".
The advice for admission from any doctor is not mandatory. However, if there is any such advice, the patient's family or relatives should carry the same at the time of admission.
All patients are admitted through the "Emergency" department after an initial examination by our Emergency Medical Officer. The patient's relative/escort then fills up the 'Consent Form' for admission, while the patient is administered necessary medical treatment.
EMERGENCY ADMISSION HELPLINE: 9831189280 / 9831358000
- What types of rooms are available in the hospital and what are their charges? The categories and charges of indoor beds are as follows:
The categories and charges of indoor beds are as follows:
*** inclusive of Pulse Oxymeter
||Enclave (twin sharing)
||AC, TV, Microwave, Fridge
||AC, TV, DVD, Microwave, Fridge
||Rs. 3200/- ***
||Rs. 3200/- ***
- I have a mediclaim policy, is my TPA empanelled with you?
We have a tie-up with 24 TPAs -
TPA HELPLINE : 9831189280 / 9830976292
- Alankit Healthcare TPA PVT Ltd
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Co. Ltd
- Cholamandalam MS
- General Insurance
- Dedicated Healthcare Services India Pvt Ltd
- E-Meditek Solution Limited
- Family Health Plan Ltd
- Genins India Pvt Ltd
- Health India TPA Service Pvt Ltd
- Heritage Health Services Pvt Ltd
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd
- ICICI Prudential Health Insurance
- ICARE Health Management & TPA Services Pvt. Ltd
- MD India Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd
- Medsave Healthcare Management
- Medicare TPA Service (I) Pvt. Ltd
- Paramount Health Services Pvt. Ltd
- Park Mediclaim Consultants Pvt. Ltd
- Raksha TPA Pvt. Ltd.
- Rothshield Healthcare (TPA) Services Ltd.
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd.
- TTK Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.
- United Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.
- Vipul Med Corp Pvt. Ltd.
- What is the mode of payment in your hospital?
The mode of payment is only by Cash / Credit Card / Debit Cards (Visa or Master Cards).
- Do you have the facility of cashless treatment?
Yes, we do have the facility of Cashless Treatment Benefit which is subject to the concerned TPA's Letter of Approval issued to Ruby General Hospital.
- Is there any discount?
The valued members of our Privilege Cards (Care Card , Senior Citizen Card,Safe Motherhood Card) are entitled to certain percentage of discounts on Bed Charges, OPD Investigations, Medicines etc.
- Do you offer any discount for the Senior Citizens?
We have the Senior Citizen Privilege Card which entitles a valued member to a 10% discount on Bed Charges, 15% on OPD investigations, 10% on OT charges excluding the Surgical Team's fees and OT medicines.
- What are the visiting hours?
Patient's relatives may get a regular briefing regarding their patient's condition from their treating Consultant. For fixing an appointment with the Consultant, the family members or relatives of the patients are requested to get in touch with the Floor PROs or PROs at the Reception.
- Patient Briefing Time
|8.00 am - 8:30 am
||10.30 am - 11:30 am
|5.30 pm - 6:30 pm
||5.00 pm - 7.00 pm
|10.00 pm - 10:30 pm
- From where will I collect the visitors passes?
Visitors passes are issued from the Reception.
- How many visitors are allowed at a time?
2 visitors at a time
- Are children allowed to visit the patient?
Children are allowed only on Sunday evenings.
- Are the medicines provided by the hospital or do I have to purchase it from outside?
Yes, the medicines will be provided by the Hospital.
- Is food from home allowed?
Food for the patient is provided by the Hospital.
- From where will I be able to know the condition and the treatment details of my Patient?
For patients in the ICU & ITU, the 'Briefing' time is in between 8am - 9am in the morning and at 5.30 pm - 6.30 pm in the evening. 2 Persons are allowed to visit the patient and they can have detailed discussion with the Consultant/Registrar on duty.
At night between 10.00 pm & 10:30 pm the patient's family is again briefed. For the patients admitted in the Wards, information can be obtained from the treating Consultant and the concerned Medical Officer.
- What is the deposit money for operation?
It varies according to the nature of the operation. To obtain an estimate please contact our Dy.Manager Front Office at 9831189280 during regular office hours.
- Does the hospital have 24x7 emergency care?
Yes, the hospital has 24 x 7 x 365 days 'Emergency Care'.
EMERGENCY HELP LINE: 9831189280 / 9831358000
- What are the consultation charges in the OPD ?
Consultation charges in the OPD (for any Doctor) is Rs.100/- only.
For Special Clinics, the fees vary between Rs.400/- to Rs. 500/-
For Evening Clinics and on Sundays the charge is Rs.200/-
- Do you have any health check up packages?
Yes, we have a range of Health Check up packages like -
- Master Executive Health Check Up,
- Cardiac Check Up
- Master Health Check Up
- Pre-Employment Check Up
- Well Women Health Check Up
- What is a day care surgery?
During a Day Care Surgery, the patient is not required to stay in the hospital overnight.
- What is a Day Care Chemotherapy?
Day Care Chemotherapy is the therapy, a part of cancer treatment where generally the patient is not required to stay in the hospital overnight.
- What is Dialysis?
Dialysis is a medical process through which a person's blood is cleansed of the toxins, which the kidneys would have normally flushed out.
It is generally done when a person's kidneys do not function properly. In most cases patients requiring Dialysis do not need admission.
- What is a Bypass Surgery?
The arteries that supply blood to the heart muscles sometimes get clogged by plaques (a build up of fat, cholesterol and other substances). This slows down or stops regular blood flow through the heart's blood vessels, leading to chest pain or 'Heart Attack'. Heart Bypass Surgery is a type of surgery, where the blood flow is 'rerouted or bypassed' around the clogged arteries to improve the blood flow and oxygen to the heart.
- What is "Beating Heart Surgery" ?
"Beating Heart Surgery" is a modern method of heart surgery in which cardio Thoracic Surgeons use a special device to stabilize the heart and operate without stopping it.
- What is Angiography?
Angiography is an X-Ray examination of the blood vessels - called 'arteries'.
To make the arteries visible on X-Ray, a type of dye called "contrast" is injected.
A small, sterile flexible tube called a 'catheter' is inserted into the arterial system, usually in the region of the groin, where the artery is close to the skin and can be compressed when necessary against the hip bone situated immediately behind it. Sometimes other areas such as the arms are used. Contrast is then injected into the blood vessels and X-Ray images are obtained.
- What is Angioplasty?
Angioplasty is a procedure where a tiny balloon is used to restore blood flow to the heart by reopening arteries closed or narrowed down by 'plaques'.
During an angioplasty procedure, the cardiologist punctures a blood vessel, often in the groin, and inserts a small, thin tube known as a catheter, which is then led to the heart.
Attached to the end of the catheter is a balloon, which is inflated to widen the artery.
A permanent stent is often put in place to keep the artery open before the balloon catheter is removed.