School Of Nursing
The School of Nursing has been established in 2009 in the premises of Ruby General Hospital at Kasba Golpark, Kolkata-700107. The school initiates Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course with the objective to prepare clinical Nurse practitioners.
The Nursing Institute is recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC) and West Bengal Nursing Council (WBNC).
The faculties of the School of Nursing, Ruby General Hospital believes in the following :
- Value based education which brings transformation in the society.
- Total development of a person through this programme and enabling his/her to become a useful citizen.
This Teaching Institution believes that on completion of the course he/she will be able to provide quality care to achieve the goal of nursing.
This Basic Nursing Course will facilitate the overall professional development of the students through adaptation of new methods & modern technology that will make them capable of working in any Institute & community field at large
Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery
3 Years + Internship 6 months.
COMMENCEMENT OF THE COURSE
Candidates will be selected by a written test followed by viva voce
Eligibility for Application:
- Candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent Examination in any wing, preferably with Science with minimum marks 40 % for General Cast & minimum 35% for SC/ST/OBC.
- Age should not be less than 17 years and not more than 35 years as on commencement of the course.
- Candidates should be of Indian Nationality and should be residing in West Bengal uninterruptedly for last 5 Years.
- All relevant Certificates are to be produced in Original with attested photocopies at the time of VIVA VOCE Examination
PROCEDURE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
- Eligible candidates are to submit applications for admission in General Nursing & Midwifery Course in the prescribed "APPLICATION FORM" annexed with the prospectus herein along with 2 (Two) stamp size photographs. photocopy of Application Form shall not be entertained.
- The Application Form should be filled up neatly and correctly by the candidate in her own handwriting. The duly filled up Application Form is to be submitted at the Principal Office, School of Nursing, Ruby General Hospital, Kolkata-700107. The application is to be forwarded to the Principal, School of Nursing, Ruby General Hospital.
- Application Form received after the prescribed date shall not be entertained.
MODE OF SELECTION
- Selection will be made through written test followed by VIVA VOCE and medical fitness test.
- A list of Selected Candidates eligible for VIVA VOCE (Oral Exam.) will be displayed at the Notice Board of the School of Nursing with notification of the date for VIVA VOCE.
- The notice will be displayed on the Notice Board at the School of Nursing (SON), Ruby General Hospital and the candidates will have to follow the time, date, and place of the VIVA VOCE. No separate and / or individual intimation will be sent to any candidate for VIVA VOCE.
- The Hospital shall not bear any other expenditure to be incurred by the applicants for attending written examination, VIVA VOCE, and Medical Test etc.
- Selected candidates are to abide by the rules and regulations which are in force or will be framed from time to time by the School Authority.
- No Students shall be allowed to marry during training period.
GENERAL GUIDELINES CONCERNING THE COURSE
- The Institution shall follow the general guidelines and rules and by-laws prescribed by the West Bengal Nursing Council (WBNC) and Indian Nursing Council (INC) from time to time and other rules and regulations framed under the said guidelines by the School for smooth administration and management of the course. The School reserves the right to alter / modify / amend any or all the rules concerning conduction of the above course under the guidelines of Nursing Council.
- Candidates called for Written Test should bring their own pen (Black / Blue) & pencil with them.
CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION
The Institute shall have the right to cancel admission and / or studentship of any student during the session if she is found guilty of any of the following
- Suppression of information.
- Supply of false information.
- General misconduct of a student.
- Adoption of unfair means at the examination.
- General indiscipline
RULES AND REGULATION OF THE SCHOOL
- All students are required to be punctual and are not allowed to miss classes without genuine reason and without prior permission from the class teacher and Principal of School of Nursing.
- Students must comply with rules & regulations formed by the Institution.
- Make up duty is compulsory for all the absence in Clinical Field.
- Vacation will be granted by the school as per regulation of West Bengal Nursing Council, Kolkata.
- Any student having sickness while on leave must inform the Principal.
- Fees once submitted are not refundable.
- Each student is responsible to pay all the examination fees and other dues on time.
- Sick students are not allowed to stay in the Hostel without permission.
- Student should participate and take initiative for leadership in professional and social activities.